Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in Maryland


We stayed in the D.C. area the whole month of October and made it to Ross’ Halloween party despite the rain. Ross made up his garage as a mini haunted house. Some of us then took part in trying to scare the kids as they went through the haunted house. I love the sound of teenage girls screaming. After the trick-or-treat portion of the evening was over, Ross, Jim, and 3 other friends put on a jam session in their back yard. In the past they’ve had around 100 people attend the party/jam session. I thought the highlight of the show might be when their electric instruments reacted with the rain, but they went through their set without a hitch. I included a video of Nan dancing with Ross’ daughter Sara during the sound check session earlier in the day.
They next day we packed up and headed for Ohio where we are going to stay with Nan’s mom through Thanksgiving. Because I’m now a S. Dakota resident, I had to buy a non resident hunting license in Ohio so Roxy and I can go after pheasants. Unfortunately a non resident license is $120. It will give Roxy and I a chance to go out and get some exercise, so hopefully it will be worth the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment