Thursday, February 18, 2010

Corpus Christi, TX




We spent 4 nights in Kerrville, TX at the Sweetheart Rally (for Valentine’s Day). For Valentine’s day I got Nan what every girl wants. A night with me. Nan played the Mexican Train Game, and I played poker. They had a poker table with about 6 players where we each put in $10 and then played a no limit hold em tournament. The first night I got 2nd place. The next night I got first place for both games, so I won about $70. It was nice to leave on a positive note.


We then left for Aransas Pass, TX (by Corpus Christi). We met a couple (Rita and Bob) in Twin Lakes Campground in Bluffton, OH, when I was still working. They found this campground in TX so we decided to come down and visit them. The weekly rate is $200, but the monthly rate is only $400. It’s a new campground so they gave us a monthly rate of only $350. The only catch is you have to pay for electric separate with the monthly rate. That will probably cost $50 to $100 depending on if we have to use the air conditioner much.


I’ve included 2 pictures. One is a windmill that got torn off and imbedded into a tree during a hurricane many many years ago. The tree has now grown around it. The second is of live oak trees. It looks like then wind has caused them to lean over, but that’s not the case. They do not like the salt spray so they tend to lean away from the ocean.


Yesterday was Roxy’s 7th birthday, so that gave us an excuse to buy an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. We were generous enough to give her a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment