Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tampa RV Show

We stayed with my mom until 1/1/2012, then headed to Clermont, FL to one of our favorite Thousand Trails campgrounds. We can stay for free but had to pay $30 for our 10-night stay to get upgraded to 50 amp electric service. That was no problem since they have 2 Texas Hold-em tournemants each night that only cost $6.00. The first night I got first place each game and won enough to pay for our electric. Nan and I played each night and won much more than we lost.

We left Clermont on 1/11 and went to Tampa for the big RV show. We stayed in a space at the fairgrounds that had electric, but no water or sewer. We came with 90 gallons of fresh water in our tank. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to live for 5 days with only 90 gallons for showers, toilet, kitchen, etc. But we leave tomorrow and have plenty of water left. Since Nan did such a good job conserving water I'm going to let her take a shower tomorrow morning.

Nan and I have talked about getting a motorhome in a few years after getting a house. It would be easier for me to go on jobs by myself in a motorhome rather than our current rig. We saw some nice ones that should be in our price range once they are a few years old and being sold as used. We also looked at the Prevost motorhomes that usually go for $1.7 million to $2.4 million. If I ever become a lobbyist I may be able to afford one of these, but for now I'll stick with something less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment