Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sebring, FL

We are still in Bowling Green, FL. Last night Nan and I played poker at a nearby Thousand Trails campground. We both got bumped out of the first tournament, but the second one Nan got first place for $35, I got second place for $20, and I got high hand for $13. Our investment for the 2 tournaments was $24, so you can do the math.

Today Nan wanted to go shopping in Sebring, FL. While there we stopped at the Sebring International Raceway. There were a lot of non race cars going around the track. I asked some guy what was going on. He said during the workers' lunch break you can pay $30 and take your car around the track about 3 times. You follow a pace car so you can't go that fast. The track is 3.7 miles long. If I ever get something faster than a Smart Car that may be something to do someday.

2 comments:

  1. We had a condo in Sebring we sold six years ago. Nice place to visit, but didn't want to live there. Loved the track, though. Love to read your blog. Still in Texas. Building our Texas room. As long as Mom and Dad come here and we keep an eye on them, may as well be comfortable.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom & Nan,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Sebring to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete