Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lobster and Obama




Florida lobster (also known as spiney lobster) are in season down here in Florida. They have a similar taste to Maine lobster, except they don't have claws. We found them for $4.99 per pound. In Maine they were $3.75 per pound for soft-shell lobster. This means they recently molted their shell so that the new shells have a lot of water in them rather than meat. I calculated to see if the Florida lobster with no claws, but a hard shell full of meat, was a better buy than Maine soft-shell lobster at $3.75. After using an algebraic formula I developed on my computer I determine that I don't have a clue what is the better buy, so we just went ahead and bought some. I got 12 lobsters for around $62. We ate some last night, and then I made lobster salad with the rest of the meat this morning.




I also included a picture of my Obama Chia Pet that my brother got me for Christmas. Right now he looks more like a Don King Chia pet. I'll have to give him a trim once his hair grows in a little thicker.


Here's a link to a good article on one of the pleasures of RVing.


No comments:

Post a Comment