Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sedona, AZ











A few day ago I drove up to Jerome, AZ which is way up in the mountains. I saw snow on the mountain peaks from the campground, so I wanted to drive up there to take a look. One picture is Roxy by the snow. When I got out of the car to take the picture I noticed a smell from either the engine or transmission of the Smart. I guess it’s not geared for mountain climbing. Then a couple days ago Nan and I drove to Sedona, AZ. It’s a very pretty city within a canyon. We took a picture of the mountains, and you can see houses in the background that are built to blend in to the countryside. We also took a picture of prickly pear cactus. These were purple, but most are green. I bought some prickly pear cactus jelly, but it didn’t have much flavor other than the sugar.

Yesterday we went to a local winery with Gary and Linda who we met in the park. For $10 each we got 5 samples of wine. They were pretty small samples. There was no way Nan was going to get buzzed off these small samples, so she tried to flirt with the guy to get bigger samples. Unfortunately she struck out.

This morning I took Roxy swimming in a river behind the campground. I heard a big splash, and then a form swimming towards Roxy as she was about 10 feet from the bank. They don’t have alligators here, so I wasn’t sure what it was. Then I heard a booming sound that echoed off the canyon walls. It turns out it was a beaver that was slapping it’s tail to warn others about Roxy. It did this about 8 to 10 times, then disappeared. I kept Roxy on the leash while the beaver swam around since she might have tried to chase after it. When she did see it she gave a yelp/howl telling me she wanted to give chase. Her sound also echoed off the canyon walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment