Saturday, July 3, 2010

Musk Ox farm




















A couple days ago we took a tour of the local Musk Ox farm in the Wasilla, AK area. They raise the musk ox for their fur, which they then spin into yarn and make hats, scars, etc. I could have bought a nice ski cap for around $150, but I passed. We then went to an animal sanctuary that treats injured or sick animals. We saw grizzly bear, caribou, moose, elk, owls, and eagles. After that we stopped at the Iditarod museum. They had a guy giving 2 minute sled dog rides, so Jan, Paul, Nan and I hopped on for a ride around the dirt track. It’s amazing how calm the dogs are until they know they are going to start pulling the cart. Then they start jumping all around and yelping. While in Wasilla we are hoping to get a look at Sarah Palin’s float plane. You can’t go down her road, but we hear if you go to the Best Western and look across the lake, you can see her plane. If I’m lucky I might run into her and she can give me one of her famous winks.

No comments:

Post a Comment