Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Adventure Begins


After 28 years working for the State of Ohio as a bank examiner, I was offered a 2-year buyout which allowed me to retire at the age of 50. So Nan and I sold our house and began living full-time in our 2009 Grand Junction 37 QSB, towed by our 2001 Kenworth T2000, with our 2009 Smart Car on it’s back.


I retired on Thursday, 7/30/09, and we started heading to S. Dakota via Rockfor, Il for a nice visit with my sister and her husband. We arrived in Madison, SD on Sunday, and by Tuesday we were SD residents.


We are camping in Madison this week because it is in the eastern part of the state. The Sturgis rally is going on this week in the western part. The bikers seemed to like our rig on our way out here, but I’m afraid if they get a few beers in them they may get in the mood to go Smart Car tipping. We’ll start heading west once Sturgis clears out a little.


Nan and I don’t know how many years we plan on full-timing in our RV, but we hope you enjoy our adventures and travels while we do.


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment