Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wisconsin


Nan and are are in Wisconsin for a couple of weeks since I have a job in the area. We arrived last Saturday. They have a gravity hill in the area so we checked it out. You drive down to the bottom of a country road hill, put your car in neutral, and take your foot off the brake. The car then starts rolling in reverse up the hill. It’s freaky man.


A few days ago I took Roxy for a nice walk around the lake they have in the campground. The lake is about 1/2 mile long and 1/4 mile wide. They have a golf cart path that goes around the lake with tall weeds on either side of the path. Roxy enjoyed sniffing in the weeds for rabbits. After the walk I noticed a couple of ticks walking on me. We combed Roxy and got 3 ticks off from her. Before I went to bed I stripped down and Nan had to do a close inspection on me to make sure I was tickless. The next morning about 3:00 I woke up from another one walking on me. That day I went to work and Nan found about 10 more on her, Roxy, and on furniture. This morning I gave her a flea and tick shampoo (Roxy - Not Nan). Hopefully that will be the end of it.


This is Memorial Day weekend. I had a reservation in the campground for this week and next, but they were booked for the weekend. We thought we might have to go somewhere else, but the owners were able to squeeze us by the bathroom. We have electric hookup, so it’s working out OK. I was hoping it would start raining on Thursday and not stop so no one would show up. It rained a little but unfortunately the weather has been pretty nice. The campground owners figure they have about 1,000 people here for the weekend.


Today we went to see the House on the Rock. In the 1960’s this artsy guy bought property in the country that had some big rock formations. He started building a house in and around these formations. While building the house people would stop buy and ask for a tour. It didn’t take long for him to start charging money for the tours. He died in 1989, but the tours live on. The one video is of the Infinity Room. He built a hall that extends out over a gorge about 150 feet. There is a glass floor near the end of the room that you can look down as see a drop of about 250 feet.

2 comments:

  1. Keep a watch out for the ticks. They like any warm body, not necessarily dogs. Sounds like the climate and the grass there are ripe for ticks. We are down at Dale Hollow Lake having a great time on the water!

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't seen any more ticks lately. Unfortuantely we are afraid to let Roxy by the lake since that's where she picked them up, so no more swimming at this campground for her either.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete