Monday, March 22, 2010

El Paso, TX




We arrived in El Paso yesterday. We are in a campground that is laid out similar to the one in Fort Suckton, except everything works, and there is no broken glass in the gravel or pit bulls running around. El Paso seems like a nice city. There are some shooting issues since it is right on the border of Mexico, but like Mayor Marion Berry said about D.C., "except for the murder rate, D.C. isn't any more violent than other large cities". If you aren't involved in any drug cartels, or don't have any family members that are involved, then your chance of getting shot is very slim.
Nan and I were driving to a post office today. Nan's brother Mark told her that if you cross a river in El Paso you are in Mexico. Right after she told me that, we crossed a river. I told her we must be in Mexico, so she yelled at me "Turn around you idiot." We were just in New Mexico - big difference.


I included a picture of a Jicama (pronounced hick a ma). It's a Mexican potato. The one I bought is about the size of a large yellow onion. You eat them raw, and they are pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment