Thursday, March 18, 2010











We’ve left Aransas Pass after spending one month there. We are slowly heading to Vegas and we spent 4 nights in San Antonio. While in San Antonio we visited the Alamo. We went into town Monday late afternoon. We got to the Alamo at 4:00 and it closed at 5:00. We rushed through it with the thought of coming back and taking our time in the next day or two. We went back on Tuesday and people were lined up around the block waiting to get in. It’s spring break, so there are a lot of families visiting. I guess the one-hour rush tour will have to do. During our visit we took a trolley tour of the city. One of the pictures is of the San Antonio river in it’s natural state, and then another picture is of the river walk section of the city where the river has been widened to accommodate boat tours. We had dinner in one of the restaurants along the river walk. I paid $8.00 for my chicken sandwich, and $9.00 for my margarita. I also included a picture of the county courthouse which I think is a very impressive building.
Today I went to the Market Square area. It is set up like a Mexico market where you can buy clothes, food, novelties, etc. I saw one T shirt that said - Don’t worry Gringo, I’m Legal. I thought it was funny, but don’t think I’m the kind of person that it would look good on.

No comments:

Post a Comment