Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rockport Oysterfest















Yesterday I went to see a doctor for my knee. It’s gotten better since I popped it in Houston, but it’s still bothering me. The doctor said since I’m only going to be in town for about 10 more days it would be best to give me a shot of steroids in the knee to help the healing process. If that doesn’t work, then I can have an MRI when I’m at one location for a while. He suspects I may have torn a ligament. We’ll be in Cleveland from October to Christmas, so if I need to get cut open, that’s the best time to have it done.
Today Bob, Rita, Nan and I went to the Oysterfest in Rockport, TX. It’s a big fund raiser for the local volunteer fire departments. We watched the parade, bought T-shirts, and checked out the crafts. They had a huge tent where people were eating raw and fried oysters. After the oysterfest we went to the local seafood restaurant where I ordered oysters. I felt a little more comfortable with the quality control at the restaurant rather than the big circus tent at the festival. After filling up at the restaurant we had just enough time to walk a couple miles back to the truck, and rush to the grocery store to buy appetizers to take to the "social hour" at our campground at 4:00. About 20 people showed up for that. There must have been some Baptists in the group or they would have called it what it really is - a happy hour. Even with all the walking my knee feels really good. Of course some of that may be from the self-medicating I did at the social hour.


I included a video of Roxy and Roscoe playing. If the trailer's a rockin, it must be the dog and cat playing.



No comments:

Post a Comment