Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fort Stockton, TX


We arrived in Fort Stockton yesterday on the way to El Paso. Not much in this campground as you can see in the picture. It's more like an old drive-in movie with broken glass mixed in with the gravel. BUT - It's only $12 per night. Yesterday it was in the high 70's. Today we woke up to snow flurries. We'll be out of Texas soon. One thing I'll miss about Texas is how polite everyone is. I was sitting in the Smart Car and I noticed a girl in her early 20's coming over to ask me a question about the car. If she was from Ohio she probably would have started the conversation by saying something like "Hi Stud muffin". Because she was from Texas she said "Excuse me sir".
I can't wait to get back to Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're in that horrible campground in Fort Stuckin! You fell for that $12.00 per night instead of KOA's rates just like we did. That cold front was something. I can't believe the snow! We have a high of 46 here in LA.

    ReplyDelete